The Beginning

1:24 PM

It just seems wise to start at the beginning of the journey that has brought me to here. It began with the birth of my first and only child, Sammy. I managed to have a fantastic pregnancy with no issues, pure happiness, the ability to rest, a chance to really enjoy the ride. What an awesome way to have a first child! I simply assumed recovery would be just as easy minus the entire learning how to take care of a tiny human being part. I was dead wrong. 
The recovery is one I am still recovering from almost 2 years later as I learn this new way of living. I struggled immensely with postpartum depression and anxiety. It impacted my work, my life, how I could care for my son. I saw myself floating above me living in a fog just getting by and not understanding why I felt so horrible when I had such a great pregnancy. The hormone letdown was more than I could bare. I had to seek help.
After suffering frequent panic attacks and missing way too much work I went to a Counselor and took some time off to get back to health. We were making strides but stress in life kept getting in the way and eventually I left my job to focus on my health. That is when I discovered Beachbody. I saw a girl posting these amazing transformation photos from these easy to follow at home workouts. At first I was skeptical, no way she could have lost 70lbs and gained a new fight for life with at home workouts. Then I was curious, I noticed she was STILL doing it and incredibly successful! She had a new fire in her. She suffered from postpartum depression too but she didn't seem to be suffering too much now! My interest was piqued.
I decided to go on a whim and purchase a program, the 21 Day Fix. I had no idea what I was getting into, I just knew I was not going down without a fight. This incredible program gave me workouts I could modify to, a superfood shake that is surprisingly delicious and amazin portion containers that have changed my life. They taught me what a proper portion looks like and how much of what I should be eating every single day. With this program I have lost 35lbs. so far, I have gained back my confidence, I have beaten the depression & anxiety dragon.
I am a new person with new goals and new drive. I am not done with this journey but only just begun. I am no longer focusing on the scale but instead on how my clothes fit and how I feel. This program has saved my life and I am paying it forward to as many people suffering with mental illness who feel left behind with nowhere to go and no hope. I am living proof you can change your life in an instant and my goal is to inspire and motivate others to do the same.
If you have questions about what I do as a coach or how to get started on your own fitness journey please contact me here. Let's chat.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe